Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraisals (CMEA)
At Wiley Financial we provide certified machinery and equipment appraisals in San Diego. Although we are based in Carlsbad, CA our machine appraisers and equipment appraisers serve clients across Southern California.
Wiley Financial provides certified machinery appraisals and equipment appraisals for use by business owners, corporations, financial institutions and asset based lenders, government agencies, accountants, attorneys and other legal professionals.
All machinery and equipment appraisals include item detail and narrative specific to the subject items appraised that describe their unique value characteristics, current market conditions, and other pertinent factors that impact value.
Machinery and equipment appraisals that are performed for secured lenders or are related to a loan transaction are typically prepared on the basis of Forced Liquidation Value or Orderly Liquidation Value.
Fair Market Value, Fair Market Value in Continued Use and Fair Value machinery & equipment appraisals are used for lease transactions, purchase price allocation, ad valorem tax, and FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board) requirements.
Machinery & equipment appraisals are typically provided for the purpose of asset based lending or refinance; allocation of purchase price (Fair Value); bankruptcy; condemnation or eminent domain; corporate conversions and dissolution; divorce; insurance loss settlement; lease end negotiations; management considerations; mergers, purchases, and sales; and taxation (ad valorem, estate and gift).
Machinery & equipment appraisals are completed under numerous value scenarios, which typically include:
- Fair Market Value
- Reproduction Cost New
- Replacement Cost New
- Fair Market Value – In Continued Use
- Fair Market Value – Installed
- Orderly Liquidation Value
- Forced Liquidation Value
- Liquidation Value – In Place
- Salvage Value
- Scrap Value
Examples of Machinery and Equipment Appraised:
- Machine Shops
- Auto Body
- Steel Wire Products
For a more complete list of Machinery and equipment that we service, please click here.
Who We Work With
- Banks – Special Assets, Work Out, Loan Refinance
- Banks and lenders need certified machinery and equipment appraisals to support loans and lease decisions due to regulations requiring qualified equipment appraisals.
- Attorneys & CPA’s – Estate Settlements, Asset Valuation, Estate Planning, Change of Corporate Status
- CPAs need a certified appraisal because the IRS requires a certified appraisal by a certified machine appraiser
- Attorneys also need certified equipment appraisers in situations such as when they help their clients convert from a C Corporation to an S Corporation and Estate Planning.
- Corporations – Asset Valuation for sale
- Businesses need appraisals for insurable value, selling, financing, expansion and strategic growth.
As a Certified Machinery and Equipment appraiser, Wiley Financial Services provides appraisal services in San Diego. We are primarily located in Carlsbad, CA, but we provide our service all around Southern California. The areas of focus are:
- San Diego County
- Orange County
- Los Angeles County
- Riverside County
Machinery and Equipment Appraisal Compliance
All Certified Machinery and Equipment appraisals (CMEA) are compliant with the standards of the National Equipment & Business Builders Institute (NEBBI) and also comply with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) requirements, methods and ethics.
Appraisals are performed impartially and are defensible.
These Summary Appraisal Reports are bound for presentation and include statements of condition, valuation methodology, fair market value and photographs.
- Professional Estimate of Value
- Asset Verification
- Business Valuations
- Property Valuation – Residential and Commercial
- Expert Witness Testimony
If you have questions about our Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraisals in San Diego, Wiley Financial would be happy to help! Please reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 760-994-8874 or contact us here.